Using eCivis’ pre-award grant software to streamline research and acquisition of grants.
Awarded $6.3 million grant to renovate aging downtown streets and improve infrastructure in County’s only commercial district.
Awarded $750,000 in CDBG Economic Development grants using the eCivis grant application portal.
Streamlined the receipt of $78,000 in CDBG funding to support local businesses in the aftermath of COVID-19.
Reduced administrative burden of tedious paperwork.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the focus of our hero, Tara Schiff, Economic Development Specialist for the Administration Department of Mariposa County, California, was to recruit and attract new businesses, while helping with the retention and expansion of existing businesses. After the pandemic hit, however, priorities shifted quickly. Tara now dedicates her efforts to helping local businesses stay afloat by locating funding for business relief programs. Prior to using eCivis grants software, this would have been even more challenging.
- Before using the system, all grant records were paper-based, making it especially difficult to manage and keep track of the County’s $20 million grant portfolio.
- Tara and her team had to manage every grant proposal through binders, which could be as large as 10 lbs. If a funder needed a copy, this would make the process extremely tedious and cumbersome to replicate and mail out.
Our hero, Tara, advocated moving the grants research process online to find grants faster while streamlining the acquisition of any awarded funding. Grant funding has been imperative for disaster recovery in the wake of the pandemic and with governments going virtual, she and her team can submit everything online and stay safe. Additionally, she can help ensure that Mariposa County can:
- Quickly research and identify relevant grants for disaster recovery.
- Streamline CDBG funding and other reimbursements to help businesses survive these challenging economic times.
- Remain in the driver’s seat when it comes to attaining CDBG funding, since CDBG utilizes eCivis for its grant application portal.
We chose eCivis because of their government experience. We’ve been on the system for seven years now and when CDBG recently announced they would roll out their grants online portal, it put Mariposa County’s population of 17,000 in the driver’s seat.
Economic Development Specialist